The oven is undoubtedly one of the most challenging household appliances to clean. Indeed, splatters and food residues accumulate on its walls after each cooking, causing it to become dirty. Fortunately, there is a simple method to eliminate them effortlessly.
Over time, the oven accumulates a significant amount of dirt and grease stains. Due to lack of time or willingness, its cleaning is often postponed or neglected. As a result, food residues stick to the inner walls of the oven, making it very difficult to remove them. And, as with all household appliances, when maintenance is poorly done, the efficiency cannot be optimal.
How to clean your oven?
If you want to continue preparing roasted dishes without having to spend hours cleaning the oven, the secret lies in applying the following trick. It relies on using a proven cleaning product, often a laundry product, to effectively clean the oven.
Due to their degreasing and sanitizing properties, dishwasher tablets remain an effective cleaning solution for the oven. To enjoy their numerous benefits, follow these steps:
- Place a dishwasher tablet on a heat-resistant baking sheet or dish.
- Pour boiling water over the tablet.
- Put the container with the tablet and water inside the preheated oven at 100°C (212°F).
- Leave it to act for an hour while keeping the oven door closed.
- The tablet will start to dissolve, releasing a cleaning steam inside the oven.
- The steam will condense on the oven walls, softening stubborn dirt and food residues, making them easier to remove.
- After the hour is up, use a damp cloth to wipe away the softened dirt and residue.
- For a spotless result, use a clean cloth to wipe off any remaining residues.
Dishwasher tablets are designed to deal with dirt at high temperatures, making them a surprisingly effective method for cleaning the oven!
It is entirely possible to clean the oven effortlessly using an accessible and natural ingredient: table salt. To begin, sprinkle a sufficient amount of table salt over the dirty areas inside the oven. Then, preheat the oven to a temperature of 180°C (356°F). The heat will cause the small salt particles to brown and dissolve the stains. After about thirty minutes, turn off the oven and open it while protecting yourself from the steam that escapes. Allow it to cool, and then use a cloth dampened with water to wipe the interior of the oven, removing the burnt residues and other food dirt.
The “Bowl Method”
If you’re looking for a simple method to clean the oven, there’s nothing quite like the “Bowl Method.” All you’ll need is some lemons and a heat-resistant bowl or small container. Start by squeezing the juice of four lemons and place it in the oven at a temperature of 250°C (482°F). Let the lemon juice boil inside the oven for about thirty minutes. Once the time has passed, remove the bowl from the oven and wipe the interior walls with a damp cloth. Lemon is an excellent natural cleaner and disinfectant. It also helps eliminate any unpleasant odors from the oven.